Ever wondered if you could keep your home clean and your family healthy and refreshed without relying on strange manufactured chemicals? Yes, now you can, with essential oils! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as remedies, skin therapies, and personal fragrances. They are extracted directly from the bark, flower fruit, leaves, nut, resin, or root of a plant or tree, and just one drop can provide the amazing health benefits that each oil provides.
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing as there are hundreds of essential oils, each with their own unique therapeutic powers and health benefits. So, it’s important to know which ones are the most effective in treating the condition you’re looking to improve. Here, at Herbal Strategi, we absolutely love essential oils. The list is long, but after careful research we have narrowed the top best essential oils that can help you the most!
Tea tree oil, known in some areas of the world as melaleuca oil, is obtained through steam distillation of twigs and leaves of a myrtle plant Melaleuca alternifolia. It is an essential oil that possesses a refreshing camphor like smell with its characteristic colour ranging from clear to a pale yellow. Tea tree’s natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions make it one of the most beneficial essential oils that should included as part of your natural medicine cabinet.
- Skin Health care-Fight Acne, Soothe Skin Irritations,
- Hair care-Improve Dry Scalp, Help Manage Dandruff, Head Lice
- Fight Bacterial, Fungal and Viral Infections
- Acts as a cleaner, disinfectant and insect repellent
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Practical ways to use Tea Tree Oil:
- Topical: Tea Tree oil can be applied to the skin topically, but you should always dilute it with a carrier oil(like coconut oil) in a 1:1 ratio before applying it.
- On Skin: Mix five drops of pure Tea Tree essential oil with two teaspoons of raw honey. Simply rub the mixture on your face, leave it on for one minute, and then rinse it off with warm water. Also, mix one teaspoon of coconut oil, five drops of Tea Tree oil and five drops of lavender oil to make your own skin improving lotion or body soap.
- For Hair: Make homemade tea tree oil shampoo, mix several drops of tea tree essential oil with aloe vera gel, coconut milk and other essential oils like lavender oil; it helps boost hair health.
- Aromatic: Diffuse tea tree oil throughout your home using an oil diffuser. You can also directly inhale the oil by sniffing it right out of the bottle.
- Homemade cleanser/repellent: Make a homemade tea tree oil cleanser by mixing 5–10 drops of tea tree with water, vinegar and 5–10 drops of lemon essential oil. Then use it on your counter tops, kitchen appliances, shower, toilet and sinks. Or simply mix a few drops in a spray bottle with water and spray it evenly across your body to prevent mosquitoes and other bugs from coming near you.
What to watch out for!
Essential oils are natural but powerful. Some people may develop an allergic reaction to any oil so it’s always best to try a little by doing a small skin patch test on your arm or leg (never your face or neck) to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight.