Ever wondered if you could keep your home clean and your family healthy and refreshed without relying on strange manufactured chemicals? Yes, now you can, with essential oils! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as remedies, skin therapies, and personal fragrances. They are extracted directly from the bark, flower fruit, leaves, nut, resin, or root of a plant or tree, and just one drop can provide the amazing health benefits that each oil provides.
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing as there are hundreds of essential oils, each with their own unique therapeutic powers and health benefits. So, it’s important to know which ones are the most effective in treating the condition you’re looking to improve. Here, at Herbal Strategi, we absolutely love essential oils. The list is long, but after careful research we have narrowed the top best essential oils that can help you the most!
Orange essential oil, as you may have guessed, comes from the orange fruit. However, it does not come from the pulp of the fruit, but rather from the peels. It is obtained through a process known as cold compression which extracts the oil from the peel and makes it usable. It contains all the nutrients of oranges in a more potent form, as well as all the chemical components of oranges. It has a strong citrusy smell and is used widely for its many medicinal uses. It is also popular in aromatherapy because of its refreshing fragrance.
- Immunity Enhancer
- Natural Anti-Bacterial
- Natural Mouthwash and Gum Protector
- Digestion Booster
- Good for Skin-Skin Cleansing and Anti Ageing
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Practical ways to use Orange Oil:
- In Bath:Diluted with a carrier oil, like coconut or jojoba oil, drops of orange essential oil can be added to a warm bath, lotion or body wash.
- On Skin: As a face cleanser-Just mix a drop of orange oil with 4 drops of olive oil or almond oil. You can apply it to your face with cotton ball. Wipe it off your face after 5 minutes.
- Topical: To use it as an antiseptic, mix a cup of water with 10 drops of orange oil. Apply the mixture gently on the surface you are disinfecting. You can leave it to dry off. You can also mix 4 drops of the oil with a teaspoon of olive oil and rub it on the abdominal area; it helps in indigestion.
- For Teeth: Take a cup of warm water and add ½ teaspoon salt and 5 drops of orange oil to it. Mix vigorously and use it for gargling. People who frequently get mouth ulcers find it very helpful for numbing the pain and reducing incidence.
- Aromatic:You can diffuse the oil in your home using a diffuser or inhale the oil directly. To make a natural room freshener, put a few drops of oil along with water into a spritz bottle.
What to watch out for!
Essential oils are natural but powerful. Some people may develop an allergic reaction to any oil so it’s always best to try a little by doing a small skin patch test on your arm or leg (never your face or neck) to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight.