Ever wondered if you could keep your home clean and your family healthy and refreshed without relying on strange manufactured chemicals? Yes, now you can, with essential oils! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as remedies, skin therapies, and personal fragrances. They are extracted directly from the bark, flower fruit, leaves, nut, resin, or root of a plant or tree, and just one drop can provide the amazing health benefits that each oil provides.
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing as there are hundreds of essential oils, each with their own unique therapeutic powers and health benefits. So, it’s important to know which ones are the most effective in treating the condition you’re looking to improve. Here, at Herbal Strategi, we absolutely love essential oils. The list is long, but after careful research we have narrowed the top best essential oils that can help you the most!
Extracted from the seeds of the neem tree, neem oil is nature’s gift to mankind. Incredibly bitter in taste with a pungent garlicky, sulfur-like smell, and varying in color from greenish brown, to yellowish brown to shades of red, the oil is host to a remarkable number of active ingredients, that offer powerful healing properties for many medical ailments.
- Conditions dry skin and makes skin supple.
- Fights acne.
- Combats hair problems like dandruff, fungal infection of scalp.
- Serves as a natural insecticide
- Used as an antiseptic.
- Has Anti-aging properties.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Practical ways to use Neem Oil:
- Topical: Add 2-3 drops and apply on the desired area.
- For Hair: Warm 2 tablespoons of neem oil and apply; wash after 30 minutes. Or add a few drops of neem oil to your shampoo. Let sit for 10 minutes and wash off. Use daily or every alternate day and see the difference!
- For Skin: Combine 1 tsp. neem oil with other carrier oils like eucalyptus, coconut or almond oil. Massage lightly onto the affected area.
- Against insects: Dip cotton balls in neem oil and wipe around doors, windows, kitchen cabinets, cupboards and drawers and other entry points to keep the pests away from your home.
What to watch out for!
Essential oils are natural but powerful. Some people may develop an allergic reaction to any oil so it’s always best to try a little by doing a small skin patch test on your arm or leg (never your face or neck) to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight.