Ever wondered if you could keep your home clean and your family healthy and refreshed without relying on strange manufactured chemicals? Yes, now you can, with essential oils! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as remedies, skin therapies, and personal fragrances. They are extracted directly from the bark, flower fruit, leaves, nut, resin, or root of a plant or tree, and just one drop can provide the amazing health benefits that each oil provides.
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing as there are hundreds of essential oils, each with their own unique therapeutic powers and health benefits. So, it’s important to know which ones are the most effective in treating the condition you’re looking to improve. Here, at Herbal Strategi, we absolutely love essential oils. The list is long, but after careful research we have narrowed the top best essential oils that can help you the most!
Bergamot is a citrus fruit whose rind is used for extracting bergamot essential oil. The tree produces the small, green bergamot orange, which resembles a lime and is thought to be a hybrid of lemon and bitter orange. The taste is very sour and notably lemon-like. Its powerful sweet aroma of bergamot oil makes it a popular component in many perfumes, and it is often used as the “top note”. If you are looking for a sweet, yet spicy, citrus-like fragrance that will leave you feeling calm, confident and at peace, then give bergamot oil a try.
- Helps relieve depression
- Prevents and Fights Infections
- Relieves Stress and Anxiety
- Alleviates Pain
- Eliminates Bad Odor
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Practical ways to use Bergamot Oil:
- Topical:Mix 2-3 drops bergamot oil with other carrier oils like coconut oil or jojoba oil and rub on the on sore muscles or where you feel tension. Or apply 2–3 drops topically to your temples and back of neck, to relieve stress and anxiety. You can add 2–3 drops of bergamot oil to the deodorant you already use every day, or you can even add the oil directly to your armpits.
- Bath: Add 10 drops of bergamot oil to your warm bath water. It great for your skin, mood and reduces built-up tension.
- Aromatic:Diffuse 5 drops of bergamot oil at home or work, up to 1 hour 3 times daily. Add the 3-4 drops of oil to water and use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
What to watch out for!
Essential oils are natural but powerful. Some people may develop an allergic reaction to any oil so it’s always best to try a little by doing a small skin patch test on your arm or leg (never your face or neck) to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight. If you are scheduled to have surgery, stop using bergamot oil at least two weeks beforehand, as it may interfere with blood sugar control during the procedure.